Psyllium SAP Husk
Psyllium SAP Husk
Psyllium husk is a well-known dietary fiber that has been used for many centuries. Its unique viscosity and water holding capacity has made psyllium a choice ingredient in baking products, including gluten free baked goods. Psyllium SAP provides high quality non-GMO psyllium husk that may help maintain gastrointestinal health and support regularity and provide relief from occasional constipation. Soluble fibres from foods such as psyllium husks as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, may reduce the risk of heart disease.
|Serving Size:||Servings Per Container:|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g||2.5%|
|Dietary Fiber||6.2 g||22%|
|Soluble Fiber||3.8 g|
|Insoluble Fiber||2.5 g|
|Protein 0 g|
|Psyllium (Plantago ovata) husk powder.|
- Wheat Free
- Dairy/ Milk Free
- Gluten Free
- Soy Free
- Yeast Free
- Sugar Free
- Starch Free
- Preservative Free
- Corn Free
- Free of Artificial Colors/Flavors
- Egg Free
Take 1 level tablespoon (approx. 8 g) once daily or as directed by your healthcare practitioner. Start by taking 1 rounded teaspoon (approx. 5 g) per day. As your body adjusts to the increased fibre intake, gradually increase to 1 level tablespoon per day. For each gram of psyllium, mix with 40 ml of liquid (water, milk, fruit juice or similar aqueous beverage). Stir briskly and drink immediately. Maintain adequate fluid intake. Take a few hours before or after taking other medications or natural health products. Take during the day (not immediately prior to bedtime).
Cautions and warnings: Consult a healthcare practitioner if symptoms worsen or if laxative effect does not occur within 7 days. Consult a healthcare practitioner immediately if you experience chest pain, vomiting, or difficulty in swallowing or breathing after taking this product.
Contraindications: Do not use this product if you are experiencing a sudden change in bowel habits that has persisted for more than 2 weeks, undiagnosed rectal bleeding, or failure to defaecate following the use of another laxative product. Known adverse reactions: May cause temporary gas and/or bloating. Stop use if allergy or hypersenstivity occurs. This product is non‑GMO and vegan friendly. Do not use if seal is broken. Keep out of reach of children. Color and smell may vary from one lot to another.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Use responsibly and keep out of reach of children.
- Consult your healthcare provider prior to use if you are pregnant, nursing, taking any medication or have any medical conditions. Store in a cool, dry place. Keep out of reach of children. Tamper evident. Do not use if the outer seal is broken or missing.
- These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
- This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Use with caution.
- Please consult your health care professional about potential interactions or other possible complications before consuming any product.